Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gosh Darn Ya, Joe...


So apparently Sarah Palin has seen Fargo, and decided that the best way to reach the Joe Six-Packs of the nation was to channel Marge Gunderson. Her home-spun, folksy "wisdom" made me want to barf.

I am perplexed by the GOP's insistence that the debate was a "win" for the VP candidate. I can only assume it's because they are relieved that the debate didn't resemble an episode of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, and she ended up not having to point out where Iraq was on a world map. It's either that, or they assumed she would mistake Biden for a rogue wolf and try to shoot him as he took the stage, rip out and proceed to eat his still beating heart in an attempt to try and gain his power.

Regardless, party officials have intimated that Sally Oilhumper will not do any more interviews prior to the election. I can't imagine why.



Politics. Too. Depressing.

In order to survive, it is back to my florid fantasy life... I watched my Tivoed season premiere of Chuck yesterday. It was good... finally giving a plausible plot for why the government hasn't just built a new damn supercomputer already.

I can only hope that my sophomore season shows: Life, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Reaper, my beloved Gossip Girl (no new episode this week-GASP!) survive... I think that a lot of them were hurt by the writer's strike last year. With as much as 10 months since we last saw some of these shows, I am concerned about whether or not people care about what's happening now.

Tonight is another smorgasboard of Tivo delight- most notably Ghost Whisperer. They hinted last season that someone's biting it this season! woot woot! I assume it's Professer Rick, since Jay Mohr's got that dumb looking new Gary UnMarried. I like you so much Jay. I just wish your agent got you more roles like 200 Cigarettes and Go. And yet no... you're voicing Leisure Suit Larry, probably without a sense of irony.

No comments: