Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obamarama!

Since I watched the Inauguration at work yesterday, I felt bad taking additional time to blog about it... heh. I fell in love when he messed up the oath, I cried, I got chills. I read his Inaugural Address 3 times.

As he begins his first day in the Oval Office, I am filled with hope, pride and confidence, and a realization that his bold message yesterday was not just a bunch of pretty words, but a call to America to act now. His impassioned speech got me to get off my ass and volunteer for the first time in 6 years, and I'm going to get on my soapbox to invite you to do the same. Here is the link to Volunteer Match.org... those that read this blog are pretty lucky to be surrounded by plenty. If you feel inspired, do something about it!

No comments: