Monday, January 5, 2009

People Are So Damn Nosy!


Honestly- if it isn't invasive comments about my physical being, it's presumptuous questions about my love life.

There's something about being a single woman that seems to enable people, with the same inability to respect boundaries that encourages comments about my weight to ask about my dating life. "How's your love life?" Non-existent, thanks for pointing that out. "Any new boys on your horizon?" Several, and all appear to be retreating hastily. Look- off they run! Whee!
This group of people seems to be limited to married people, particularly women. Is it a sense of maddening superiority that causes them to ask this question every time I see them? Honestly- it's been two days. Do you think someone's suddenly declared their undying love to me in line at Walgreens when I'm picking up acne cream and pads? Do you think I have a secret husband I keep locked in the closet?
Trust me, I'm not that private. If something was going on, you'd know. I'd twirl around singing "I'm in love I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!!"

No comments: