Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Did She Just Pull an Ewok Out of Her Purse?



Oh, I think she did. That's right everyone, as I was at the Walgreens yesterday picking up toilet paper, what did I see in the aisle before me? Well.. Christmas decorations, but that's hardly the point. (Sidebar: can't we have Thanksgiving before we start rolling out the yard reindeer? PLEASE?) Anyway... I saw the Snuggie for Dogs. I think it's possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, but I have to say, it's probably the only thing that Daisy would ever wear. She frigging LOVES blankets. To have her very own? She'd look about as excited as that golden retriever does.

I sort of wish that they didn't pitch it as an alternative to the doggie sweater (props for the opening poem). I wish that they had the guts to say "Is your dog as lazy as you? (yes!) Do you both lay on the couch watching TV and reading all day? (Why...it's our idea of a perfect day!!) Let your dog waste away in the same comfort you do while you catch up back episodes of Eastwick and Ghost Whisperer!" Ok. That last part may be a little too targeted to me. But still. Better, no?

Buy my dog one here.

(Sidebar #2... is everyone as charmed as I am by the little dog falling asleep in its Snuggie? I could watch that all day! It looks so happy!)

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I just almost pissed my pants over the smash-faced dog wearing a Snuggie! It's so many dreams coming true at once!

cat-fish said...

OH Man, I am so happy you posted this - I thought I had hallucinated this when I first saw the small clip of it on a regular snuggie commercial (now you can get a snuggie for your dog! - it was over that quick)...I am not sure how I feel about this, I guess its no more silly than dog clothes, which can be adorable